100% TRUST WORTHY EXPERIENCE
A common household ingredient packed with health benefits for pregnant women, the elderly and children alike! Want to know what it is? Read all about it right her, right now!
Do you know Sesame is called Wine of Gods in Greek Mythology?, Ya, Sesame is that healthy it is and is why it is called Ambrosia in Greek Mythology.
Questions for which you can find answers in this article
- Why is Sesame laddu / Nuvvula / Ellu / Til/ laddo the best snack food for pregnant women?
- Why elderly should consume sesame in their diet?
- Young kids and toddlers need good bone strength & structure development, what are foods for kids that can make this possible?
Benefits to Pregnant
During pregnancy, it’s hard to keep track of what one should eat and should not eat to stay healthy and provide proper nutrition for the growing foetus too. Sesame Seeds is an allrounder when it comes to providing health benefits to pregnant women:
- Nuvvulu, sesame is called in telugu, carries a full package of essential nutrients like calcium, iron and vitamins which play an important role in the growth and development of the foetus.
- Constipation is a major problem during pregnancy. The fiber present in sesame seeds aids in proper digestion.
- During pregnancy, your immune system gets affected the most. To avoid a reduction in immunity, consume sesame seeds which contain Vitamin C.
- Sesame Seeds also contain Calcium. Calcium aids and promotes good bone strength and strong, healthy teeth in the mother as well as healthy bone development in the foetus.
- Iron Content also ensures that the baby gets enough and easy oxygen supply.
Benefits to Elderly
Another section of our population, the elderly, Human body face many issues as its turn ages. Various illnesses and sickness find their way to these unsuspecting people. Sesame, Nuvvulu also acts as a fighter in the bodies of the elderly in the following ways:
- Good Source of Fiber: Fiber facilitates healthy digestion. This presence of fiber reduces the risk of heart diseases, obesity, certain kinds of cancer and type 2 diabetes.
- May Lower Cholestrol and Triglycerides: Sesame seeds powder or Nuvvula podi / Ellu karam podi contains two types of plant compounds called lignans and phytosterols. These compounds have the ability to lower cholesterol levels in the body.
- May Help Lower Blood Pressure: Sesame Seeds are high in Magnesium and Vitamin E which help in prevention of plaque buildup in the arteries thereby reducing the risk of major heart diseases and stroke.
- May aid Blood Sugar Control: This happens because Sesame Seeds are low in carbohydrates and high in proteins and healthy fats. Therefore, control of blood sugar is propagated.
- Sesame Seeds also help in combating Arthritis Pain.
Benefits to Kids
I remember my mom used to massage my younger brother with Sesame oil/Nuvvula nune every alternate day and make him to stand in sun for 30 to 45 minutes. She said the bone structure built up will be super strong in kids if we do it. Now, I know why my brother never broker his hands or legs even though he is an athlete of dangerous sport, kabbadi.
Children have strong immunity and their bodies can be manipulated to grow and develop in the healthiest manner. Consumption of Sesame Seeds will ensure that a child’s body & bone system will grow strong and thrive. Here’s why:
- Great Source of Plant Protein: Hulled Sesame seeds maximise the protein content which become the building blocks of the body, from muscles to hormones.
- May Support Healthy Bones: Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc and Manganese content in Nuvvula or Sesame Seeds promotes bone growth and maintenance.
- May Reduce Inflammation: Long term, low level inflammation plays a role in chronic illnesses and diseases such as obesity, cancer, heart and kidney diseases. Sesame seeds are said to fight against this inflammation.
- Good source of Vitamin B: Sesame Seeds are a strong source of thiamine, niacin and vitamin B6. These are vital for proper cellular functioning and metabolism.
- May Aid Blood Cell Formation: This versatile seed contains iron, vitamin B6 and copper which are needed for the formation of red blood cells in the body.
Sesame is called til in hindi and ellu in tamil and various varities of snacks and dishes are made from til both in north and south India. Ellu is a commom kitchen ingredient in almost every household. Now that you know why, Sesame Seeds are one of the healthiest foods that can be consumed. While there are various ways in which these seeds can be incorporated in our food, Sitara Foods meets the desire to consume Sesame Seeds by preparing a mouth-watering, delicious Nuvvula Karam Podi and Nuvvula Laddu / sesame ladoo with great quality ingredients, catering to the needs of pregnant women, new mothers, children and the senior citizens of our society. Nuvvula Karam podi can be used for side with hot rice and ghee for a fast instant foods that make quick meal for any one in hurry. It can consumed as side for Idly, Dosa, Vada, Chapati, roti etc., any base item for that matter. While Nuvvula Ladoo can be a great snack for kids to build up good bone structure and strength, the sweet delight loved by kids with health benefits.
Sitara Foods prepares Nuvvula Karam Podi and Nuvvula Laddu with utmost care and love. With only the best quality ingredients and the best home cooks, you will be provided with delicious hand made and home made Nuvvula Karam Podi which will leave you wanting more.
So without another thought, order Nuvvula Karam Podi online at Sitara Foods now to enjoy with a plate of hot rice and ghee, or idly or dosa too!