100% TRUST WORTHY EXPERIENCE
Peanut chutney (ground nut chutney) is very famous in rayalaseema side for any breakfast item or to the main course meal. Kids & Elders all like , love this pachadi soo much. I feel this is an alternative to peanut butter of the west. The preparation is easy and very tasty also.
There are so many ways a peanut chutney is made, sharing the one which I make at home. Some folks prefer to deskin the peanuts before grinding. The colour of the pachadi can vary based on the ingredients like tamarind, green chilli, red chilli and roasting peanuts as well. This variant of chutney is made it with green chilli, red chillies are also added to the popu or thiragabatha and is grounded using the traditional stone grinder manually, it goes very well with Ragi sangati. This recipe is also called as palli pachadi in some parts of south India.
Green chillies -10
Tamarind (can adjust as per ur taste)
1 big lemon size
Salt as per taste
Onion-1 medium size
1. Dry roast peanuts until golden. keep aside to cool.
2. Add little oil in pan fry green chillies.
3. Next soak it tamarind in water atleast 10 minutes. cut the onion into small pieces, keep it aside.
4. Now deskin the peanuts before grinding. (if you don’t want skip this step)
5. Add these to a blender along with salt, green chillies, tamarind and also add little water to it and make a coarse paste, not too smooth.
6. After adding cutting onions to chutney, check the consistency of the chutney and adjust the salt as per your preference. (if you want to temper the chutney you can do that with couple of torn red chillies, mustard seeds, jeera/cumin seeds, curry leaves and some chana dal). Serve with IDLI, DOSA, UPMA AND PONGAL or with Raagi Sangati. You can also buy ground nut karam / chutney powder at sitara foods online store.